Zentangle Bookmark

“The aim of every artist is to arrest motion, which is life, by artificial means and hold it fixed so that a hundred years later, when a stranger looks at it, it moves again since it is life.” 
― William Faulkner

Everytime I pick a paperback, I am inspired to craft a bookmark :)

I have stored this hard paper for a really long time, saving from the prying eyes of my hubby who is forever trying to throw away my rag-tag randomly collected paper collection. 

After hours of struggling with Sharpies and Micron pens, and trying to figure out designs, I came up with this.

Cool huh?? It now lies between the pages of The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell


26 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love hand made things, and this is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the bookmark. So pretty :) I love your zentangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh ohhh.... I know there's something like this coming my way!! :D
    Yeah, I collect paper too! (sometimes strips of cloth, don't ask me, strange habit) and hubby is always trying to throw them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope that you will like it :D
      same pinch on collecting :D

      Delete
  4. cool! looks like a mehendi design...btw, i collect all kinds of things too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bookmark is so pretty. Me wants.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design! This artform is becoming so popular now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... and I love scrolling through all the new designs and work... thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful bookmark! I would be a bit hesitant to use it for the fear of soiling it or losing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Rajlakshmi I love paperbacks and I love bookmarks, especially when they are hand made...This one looks elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too absolutely love handmade stuffs :D thank you so much :D

      Delete
  9. Awesome :) you have inspired me (again) to craft my oen bookmark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. try it... try it :D I would love to see your work :D

      Delete
  10. Beautiful zentangles! You must have been practising for some time. I like drawing; its kind of therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed this is therapeutic :) thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...