The Wild Thing

Yoga Every Damn Day As a part of A to Z April Blogging challenge, I am going to post a series of Yoga poses. Don't worry I will keep it simple and crisp... and try not to make it boring. {All pictures are mine, clicked by my dear husband}

Camatkarasana or Wild Thing Pose

This is my absolute favorite pose. It works on my back, giving it a pleasant stretch, opens up my heart and shoulders. I even love the name - Wild Thing. I stay in this pose till I start feeling a stretch in my wrists, reminding myself not to overdo it, no matter how much I love it.






My ultimate goal is to go from Wild Thing Pose to Wheel Pose.





Benefits: "Wild Thing opens the chest, lungs, and shoulder areas. It opens the front of the legs and hip flexers and helps build strengthen in the shoulders and upper back."



Day 13 - Mermaid Pose
Day 14 - Navasana
Day 16 - Pigeon Pose
Day 17 - Quietude
Day 19 - Yoga @ sunrise
Day 20 - Trikonasana
Day 22 - Vrikshanana

34 comments:

  1. You do it so easily Raj. I wouldn't have been able to stay long enough in that pose to get a perfect click! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try my best :) thank you Vinodini :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! The pose does look a bit wild. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my yoga inspiration. I did surya Namaskar daily till my back gave up on me. Excellent pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Raji, your body is sooo flexible. Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is your favourite pose!!!!! Really what you made of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I love it :D thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  6. I love the name too, wild thing. The asana looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that looks pretty wild. Awesome pics and you are definitely the yoga queen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha you are too kind. Thank you :D

      Delete
  8. This is also my favorite pose, though we rarely do it in my classes.

    @msdeniseh553
    Life After Retirement - My Russian Adventure

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow... looks wild yet amazing... and you do it so well... kudos :-)
    cheers, Archana - www.drishti.co

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a really beautiful pose! And the pictures are great too :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - 26 Ways to Die in Medieval Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so elegant in this pose and all the others you have shared thus far Raj! :) I am sure I wouldn't at all! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm..the wild thing doesn't look like an easy thing. Beautiful pics as always. :)
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
  13. The name says wild, but to me it looks like it put you at peace! the mudra and the pose is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos and pose. Looks so gentle to be a wild thing but if I were to try it I'd feel pretty wild. OUCH! You're amazingly flexible how you can do all those moves. You should put a book together of all those photos with the instructions. Bet it would be a winner. You could sell it to yoga enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah it does feel wild while trying it :) hahaha sure maybe one day :D thank you

      Delete
  15. You look so graceful and elegant, Raj. I could never hope to do any of these - too old and arthritic - but I commend you. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh My God! That surely looks wild but you do it with so ease!

    ReplyDelete
  17. One can admire your spirit, Rajlakshmi:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...