The One that inspires

Today's post is not about me. It's about some amazing Yoginis who are my inspiration and motivation. I follow them on Instagram and they are living proof that nothing's impossible if you have the courage and will to reach your goals. The first thing I do every morning is to check my Instagram feed, and as I scroll through each picture, and read their words, I know that this day is not going to to be waste, that there's a goal that I have to meet. It's challenging and yet it keeps me upbeat the whole day. 

Natasha Swinford @natashaswinter

When I saw her doing a stunning handstand flow, at 39 weeks pregnant, I was literally gaping at my screen. I didn't even know that it was possible. She is a total roackstar. And she recently gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. She broke every misconception that I had about pregnancy and things that you can or cannot do.





Kerri Verna @Beachyogagirl
She was diagonised with Fibromyalgia, disc herniation, neck degeneration and sciatica. You think that would stop her huh. But she started her Yoga journey at the age of 27. A look at her IG feed will leave you amazed. I take inspiration from her strength and her resolve to be positive and fit.




And the one whose videos keep me going- Kino McGregor @kinoyoga



If you are on Instagram, don't forget to follow my progress :) @rajlakshmihb


A photo posted by Rajlakshmi (@rajlakshmihb) on






30 comments:

  1. I'm sure all but that last pose will kill me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that it would kill me too :P

      Delete
  2. Jawdropped***. I mean is she the lucky one or head stand positions are 100% safe for pregnant women?
    She is amazing... Loved the last picture- everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been practicing for a long time to be comfortable even during pregnancy. Such an awesome and inspiring Yogi :D

      Delete
  3. amazing, limitless possibilities , only you must have right Guru to lead you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is very true. Thank you for writing in :)

      Delete
  4. Raji,, each one of the women depicted here is a source of inspiration. Very good post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should reconsider my disinterest in yoga...obviously makes you wonderfully flexible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it does. It's like a complete body workout :)

      Delete
  6. All those picture!!! Its really a jaw drop moment for me too! Seriously I now feel that I shouldn't have stopped practicing!

    Only Time Will Tell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too wish that sometimes. If only I have continued from childhood. :)

      Delete
  7. OMG!! All these ladies are TRULY AMAZING and INSPIRING and that's including YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the first pic and my heart was in my mouth! Yoga is as much a control of the body as it is of the mind !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's very true. thanks for writing in.

      Delete
  9. I am speechless. This inspires me to take my yoga more seriously. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do they achieve this? Wow, it would require years of practice. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. years of practice and persistence... I love following them. They inspire so much :)

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing this wonderful group of yoginis pictures. They are amazing like you. Following you on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very inspiring. I have had spinal surgery for lumbar and sciatica issuesand have neck disc degeneration. Yoga has done more for my health than all the years of physical therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you are doing well. Thank you for sharing your story.

      Delete
  13. I can see why these yoginis inspire you Raj! :) However, I bet you are also an inspiration to many others, including us reading your blog and watching you do various asanas. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww you are so sweet Elly. Thank you :)

      Delete
  14. OMG! they were all awesome! being pregnant and that head stand was simply very bold and such a myth buster. Thank you for sharing about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, even I was surprised. Such strong ladies. Thank you stopping by :)

      Delete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...