Krounchasana n Karnapidasana

Yoga Every Damn Day As a part of A to Z April Blogging challenge, I am going to post a series of Yoga poses. Don't worry I will keep it simple and crisp... and try not to make it boring.

Karnapidasana (Knee to Ear Pose)

As a kid I used to easily get into this pose. But these days it's sometimes a struggle to apply pressure on ears with knees. I love the deep spinal stretch, relaxes my back. 

Benefits: Ear pressure pose stimulates the thyroid glands, nervous system, improves digestion, stretches the shoulders, neck, low back and spine, mitigates the stress label, fatigue and keeps your mind calm.


Krounchasana or Heron pose

Benefits: Stretches the top of the bent leg thigh, ankle and shin, Stretches the back of the straight leg, including the achilles tendon, Stimulates the abdominal organs and the heart. Source





Day 2 - Bakasana
Day 4 - Dhanurasana
Day 5 - Eagle Pose
Day 6 - Fishy Fishy
Day 7 - Gate Pose
Day 8 - Headstand
Day 9 - Yoga Inversion
Day 10 - Janu Sirsasana

33 comments:

  1. Oh, great one! I have also attempted ... but yes, my legs r definitely lot stiffer than urs... Looks amazing:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Eli. I am trying to get the knees to the floor.

      Delete
  2. That looks so difficult to do but you seem to have mastered it. Kudos to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe not mastered yet :) thank you :)

      Delete
  3. I recall being able to do the first one as a kid. No such luck now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as a kid we must have done so many of these yoga poses... without even knowing. :P
      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. Omy! No words. Speechless seeing the postures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks hard. I won't even put it on my to try list! But you are amazing,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Not so hard after trying :D thank you Suzy.

      Delete
  6. You are a rockstar...fabulous yoga asanas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too loved doing karnapindasana as a kid. Donno about now; I have become too lazy these days :P

    Kaleidoscope of Hopes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I too used to do it a lot as a kid :) hahaha try it one of these days :)

      Delete
  8. The first pic intimidates me. I am not sure I will ever be able to do that one. You are a total rockstar!
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your photos are excellent, demonstrates the ending position. Impressive.

    Over here from the A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we all must have done Karnapidasana as kids without realizing what it was! You are amazingly flexible, Raj!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah as kids we must have done it. thank you so much :)

      Delete
  11. Wow! You do them all so elegantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I don't know if I could do the first one, though it would certainly benefit my thyroid...hmmm, are there other easier poses for that? ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure Ely... will have to search for it :) thank you.

      Delete
  13. That is some super flexibility. Hats off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so good at this! That first one looks especially difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...