Eagle Yoga Pose

Yoga Every Damn Day As a part of A to Z April Blogging challenge, I am going to post a series of Yoga poses. Don't worry I will keep it simple and crisp... and try not to make it boring.

I can see a new horizon underneath the blazing sky,
I'll be where the eagles fly 
higer and higher 
- St. Elmos Fire

After transforming into a dog, crow, sunbird, camel; today I am an Eagle (Garudasana).


Benefits:
Strengthens and stretches the ankles and calves. Stretches the thighs, hips, shoulders, and upper back. Improves concentration. Improves sense of balance.


It does improve the balance. Initially I kept stumbling backward and sideways, but later, while listening to one of the tutorials I realized that I need to concentrate at one single point, all the time to maintain the balance.


28 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rajlaxmi for the descriptions and benefits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing pose. Love the photos Raj. Keep'em coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pushing me into stepping out of my comfort pad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well let's get started then :D :D
      thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely pose will have to try it. You are truly the yoga queen. Super pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha not yet Suzy :D thank you so much :D

      Delete
  6. Amazing! You've got great balance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried this. It was difficult to get it right yet first but now I manage ;)

    Entrapped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's cool. I know, at first I too found it difficult to maintain the balance :)

      Delete
  8. It;s getting difficult with each letter! You are pretty good at it!
    Eclipse

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you manage to do all these poses :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe I keep practising and falling and practising :D

      Delete
  10. I never expected you to be a master of asanas as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I am not a master yet :D thank you :D

      Delete
  11. Your poses are so amazing Raj! I'm curious: are you doing this on sand ...and in water too?! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. This one's on rock... I prefer on rock than sand as it provides a good support for balance :) thank you Elly.

      Delete
  12. Really clean asanas. You've been doing Yoga for a long time, haven't you? I'm think I'm going to start surya namaskar again after this AtoZ. You have inspired me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Garudasana... I have heard about this one I guess. :) will show these series to my sister. She is very much interested in Yoga and practices as well. Let us see how many asana she knows :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another pose from my warm-up regime in dance class :) You look flawless in the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's amazing and incredible, Rajlakshmi. I am back to doing Yoga, lil bit of stretch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...