Dhanurasana

Yoga Every Damn Day As a part of A to Z April Blogging challenge, I am going to post a series of Yoga poses. Don't worry I will keep it simple and crisp... and try not to make it boring. {All pictures are mine, clicked by my dear husband}


Dhanurasana or Bow Pose




Strengthens back, opens up chest and shoulders, tones legs - I do this pose before trying the Wheel Pose below. It also relieves menstrual discomfort and constipation.




Urdhva Dhanurasana or Wheel Pose or upward bow

The day I achieved this bend, I was literally dancing all over the house. A month ago I could hardly raise my arms and head above the floor. But now I feel like I-can-conquer-world-in-yoga-pants :P

Stretches chest and lungs, strengthens arms and wrists, legs, buttocks, abdomen, and spine. Also increases energy and counteracts depression








Day 1 - Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
Day 2 - Bakasana

29 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can do the regular bow pose (I'm sure most people can) but doubt I can do the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have been breaking my back to get it right :D thank you Sanch :)

      Delete
  2. The wheel looks pretty impossible for me now. there was a time I could do the regular bow pose but now it's hardly a bow! You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have days when I am not very flexible and can't ease into this pose. But I guess regular practice has helped me. Bow somehow is not that flexible ... thanks a lot Suzy

      Delete
  3. Urdhva Dhanurasana is my dream pose... I can do the bow pose... but not the other one. One day, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my dream pose too... Along with one leg variations :) I am still trying to get it right :)

      Delete
  4. Someday I'll be able to do wheel pose. Most likely in my next life, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha :) thank you for visting my blog :)

      Delete
  5. The second one :O you seem to have nailed it!!! :D
    I was scared of breaking my elbows when I first tried that :)
    Great going, Princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My shoulders are still stiff ... need to make them more flexible :) thanks for writing in Roh

      Delete
  6. Done beautifully! They are so good for back..I did not know it is a form of Dhanurasaan. I thought it was called Chakraasan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's called chakrasana as well. I love the stretch on my back too :) thanks

      Delete
  7. I love Yoga. The photo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Raj, you are so gifted at yoga: such perfect asanas (?) and 'lines.' I fear I no longer have the flexibility as I used to to do either one! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Elly. I am trying to get them right :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, Raj! Wheel pose is done amazingly. I applaud you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My god! you are so flexible! interesting theme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa! If you can do the Urdhwa Dhanurasana you are fully entitled to dance around the house and shout from the rooftop! What flexibility! Me, I am just satisfied with Dhanurasana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha u should have seen my husband's face ;) thank you

      Delete
  12. We do this pose as a warm-up exercise before hard-core dancing in class. As a kid I have done this exercise a lot, but I need to check if I can manage it at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...