And More Yoga ... Janu Sirsasana

Yoga Every Damn Day As a part of A to Z April Blogging challenge, I am going to post a series of Yoga poses. Don't worry I will keep it simple and crisp... and try not to make it boring.

Janu Sirsasana or Head-to-Knee Forward Bend


It's amazing how many benefits this pose has

  • Calms the brain and helps relieve mild depression
  • Stretches the spine, shoulders, hamstrings, and groins
  • Stimulates the liver and kidneys
  • Improves digestion
  • Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
  • Relieves anxiety, fatigue, headache, menstrual discomfort
  • Therapeutic for high blood pressure, insomnia, and sinusitis
  • Strengthens the back muscles during pregnancy (up to second trimester), done without coming forward, keeping your back spine concave and front torso long. Source

Today I have been practicing Dancing peacock moves, but since I can't do a handstand yet, I tried to get the bend with headstand and tripod stand.


And some more...


Day 2 - Bakasana
Day 4 - Dhanurasana
Day 5 - Eagle Pose
Day 6 - Fishy Fishy
Day 7 - Gate Pose
Day 8 - Headstand

45 comments:

  1. Your postures are so beautiful and neat. Awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could use some calmness. Interesting pose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Princess!!! I couldn't quite guess the pose for 'J'.. the benefits are pretty amazing.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah even I was surprised by the benefits :) Thanks Roh

      Delete
  4. I am glad to have come across your blog ... Yoga is awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a yoga pro. Wow is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think, I need to do this asana definitely for a cool and a calm head!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl!! I can't say anything except WOW looking at those dancing peacock poses!

    Just Listen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good that you are teaching something nice through all your A - Z posts. Too Good, Rajlakshmi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh boy. Now I have to see what my daycare children will do with this. I'll let you know :)
    A to Z Blogger visiting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I would love to know about that :D Thanks for writing in :)

      Delete
  10. Your poses remind me of an elegant and graceful dancer. You sure are flexible! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such amazing flexibility Raj! Great poses though I am curious about "dancing peacock moves!" ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the dancing peacock pose. I am trying hard to do them without wall :)

      Delete
  12. Your yoga asanas are awesome. I can only sit and stare...wow

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dancing peacock sounds so exotic...I didn't know the first pose could be done in pregnancy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are a lot of poses that can be done during pregnancy. Thank you for writing in :)

      Delete
  14. Very nice poses. You have very good form.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome one, Rajlakshmi. The Peacock pose is fabulous. Love the pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and balanced. So cool! You are making it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Inderpreet :) I am still trying hard to get these right :)

      Delete
  17. Beautiful and balanced. So cool! You are making it look so easy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. jhakaaas!!!! :D loved all your poses! I'm yet to manage most of these!! I'll get there soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chinta nakko. Pohoch jayegi yaha :D thank you so much

      Delete
  19. Oh this yoga is so different from Yoga abroad. Have a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for writing in. Loved the post that you shared on acro yoga :)

      Delete
  20. I can do the first one! Yayyyy! :P
    I had no idea it had so many benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really admire your love for Yoga. Keep it up and thanks for spreading the Yoga message to others..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...