Drabble - Oh No !!

Riinggggg!!!
Ritwi impatiently tapped her feet, waiting for the teacher to leave the class.

She’s so slow 
 
Before the teacher was out of the door, Ritwi ran past her, towards the Library.

Out of breath, she reached the reading area. Her eyes scanned the table, until she spotted his gorgeous face.

Composing herself, nonchalantly pulling out a book from the shelf, with deliberate steps, she walked towards the table and sat opposite to him.

He looked up and then smiled, amusingly.
What’s wrong? Is it my hair?

It was then she looked at the book, titled  Men on my Mind”

100 Word Fiction


Thanks Elly for the chat.  I was actually inspired to write fiction after that :)

15 comments:

  1. Ahh.. This reminded me of running to my School Library during lunch time...I just din't want to go anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, loved the twist at the end. Very clever.
    KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely twist! :D cute one, Princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha. This was so funny and I can actually picture her doing this. Ahem.. part autobiographical perhaps? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha.. imagine if she had pulled "Paradise Lost"... this was probably all for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha .. that was cute. And so possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She couldn't have chosen a better book. Why beat around the bush? Good story. I like the feeling you show - her impatience and total focus on the task at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha - I LOVE this: so amusing! I'm glad I inspired you Raj! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. p.s. By the way, I can see me doing that! ;) <3 (Maybe that's partly why I find it amusing!) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Rajlakshmi,

    It's obvious she doesn't have books on her mind.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a cute young crush story :) Nicely done, Rajlakshmi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Rajlakshmi, How sweet and such a cute story! Romantic scene! Well done, Nan :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's interesting! Somehow I felt I was in a hurry to rush. Words have that power to make you part of the fiction.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...