Books on my List

I have already listed the books I read in 2014. My goal was to read atleast 20 , but till now I could manage just 14.

Here's a new list of books I prepared to be completed. Wow I sound so focused!!

A song of Ice and Fire series - George R R Martin

I couldn't watch the popular TV drama A Game of Throne, which is based on the book. Too violent and visually stressful for me. But I would love to read the series. Infact I have already started with the first book.

Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers - Grant Naylor
A comedy sci-fi novel, which is lying on my wattpad for the past one year.

PostMortem - Patricia Cornwell 
Impressed by Patricia's thrilling storytelling, I want to read the first book that she authored.

The Blood of Olympus - Rick Riorden
Final book in the series of The Heroes of Olympus

Kane Chronicles - Rick Riorden
The fantasy world created by Rick Riorden is compelling, so much that I want to read other series authored by him.

And the Mountains Echoed - Khaled Housseini
I know many have already finished reading it, I might be the only one still struggling to fit it in between other novels.

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Path
 Her poetry is thought proving, written with such powerful conviction. I wonder what her book has to offer.
The Day of the Jackal - Frederick Forsyth 
This would be the first book I would read written by the author.

The Time Traveller's wife - Audrey Niffenegger
All the booklovers out there, please don't kill me when I say that this curious cat had already read the storyline in wiki. (I could hear a collective gasp). So now I am even more intrigued to read the book, atleast before watching the movie.

The fault in our stars - John Green
The whole world is crying buckets after watching the movie. Almost every teenage girl out here is carrying this book. The song is absolutely beautiful. So yeah I can't be any more motivated to read the book.


  1. I enjoyed the book The Day of the Jackal. The movie did justice to it, though they had to cut short some parts.

  2. I can vouch for the Time Traveller's Wife. Do let me know about The Game of Thrones. I'll pick from your list too.

  3. Game of Thrones is simply brilliant!
    Day of the Jackal is a classic if you ask me - one of Forsyth's best works.
    Time Traveller's wife is superb too..
    Oh and PostMortem is simply brilliant and chilling. I love Patricia Cornwell's narrative.

    I am not a huge fan of The fault in our stars for various reasons...

    And I have made a note of the rest of the books to read! :D

  4. Wow, what an eclectic taste in books. I have read 2 books and I ahve not heard of atleast 4-5 of the books. Going to find out now. :)

  5. I couldn't get into Game of Thrones either. Some good choices here however.

  6. Great list! I've read a few of them. So many books, so little time!

  7. That's quite a mix of books Raj! Happy Reading! ;) I'm curious to know which ones you read last you have that list somewhere? ;) <3

  8. U've got some great books there! Happy reading :)

  9. Some interesting books there. I've read some of them, and I particularly loved The Time Traveller's Wife and The Bell Jar. And the GoT books are exciting, of course. :)
    I've started keeping track of the books I read only from Jan 2014 onwards. And since then I've managed to read 35 books so far - hey, it's been my sabbatical year! The last few years of working kept me so busy that I would feel too fatigued mentally to pick up books - something a ten-year old me couldn't have imagined in her wildest nightmares. I'm determined to keep making time for books even after I get back to work, which would be soon.


Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)


How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog