My 12 Most Favorite Fun Activities

One of the personality traits that I inherited from my Dad is - I can't stay idle. It takes herculean effort for me to sit at one place and do nothing. I am always upto something. Like a machine. I even tried meditating once, but as the fate may be, in my mind I could see words being typed, about a story I had planned to write. {facepalm}

If you are bored and looking for some new hobby, here's a list of my 12 most favorite fun activities. I hope you find something of your liking.

1) Travel Photography
Travel-bug bit me when I was little. Dad had a transferable job, so I got to live in different parts of India. I never fail to brag about the fact that I have changed 9 schools (no I wasn't kicked out :P ) Today I enjoy being a travel blogger and photographer.This Twinkle Eyed Traveller loves to capture the essence of a city through words and lens. Facebook Page.


2) Paper Craft
3D Quilling and 3D Origami - It's amazing how a piece of paper can be transformed into something so creative and beautiful. Ever tried paper quilling!! Go for it, you gonna love it.
I share my paper pagalpan at The Art of Folding a Paper.


3) Reading
Ebooks are for train-reading, standing-in-long-queue-reading and awkward-situation-acting-busy-reading. Paperbacks for night-reading, (killing cockroaches and showcasing handmade bookmarks) There's always something for every occasion. :)

4) Writing
Whether I am kicking my own a$$ through anecdotes or publishing tear-jerking short fictions, writing is my passion. Not just digitally, but in journals and diaries too. Am I vain when I say that I love the curves of my handwriting? :P
You can read all my work here

5) Nail Art
I am crazy about nail polish and nail art. I change them every week, a chipped nail irks me like the sound-of-sandpaper-against-the-wall. Here's a glimpse of my Chronicles of messy nails.



6) Hiking/Bushwalking
On sunny summer weekends, along with my hubby, I love going on long coastal walks, bush walking, hiking and exploring the nature. Keeps my body fit and mind fresh.



7) Sudoku
Can't read a newspaper without finishing the Sudoku section. It's addictive and I do it because it makes me feel intelligent :P well one needs proof sometimes, you know!! :P

8) Shape Poetry
Girl, moon, pendulum or flowers - I love arranging my poetry in the shape of the subject. They are the highlight of my poetry blog



9) Dancing
It's been a long long time since I have been up on stage, but the passion never dies. Ever since I saw the Nagada song, I am dying to master those steps. Not to forget that it's an awesome workout too.

10) Zentangle
This is a fairly new hobby which I am working on after being inspired by Kathy and Laurel's beautiful creations. Here's two of my messed up doodles.



 
11) Workout
I am a lazy foodie, who constantly needs a nudge - like a new dress that no longer fits, to make run around the park like a crazy-woman-with-a-mission. I love working out in the confines of my living room, mixing youtube videos of Jillian and some power workouts.

12) Cooking
I am a disaster-maker in the kitchen, but unfortunately, that never stopped me!! I even started baking recently, which by the way is no good :P But I can dish out a delicious egg curry and creamy white pasta :D


36 comments:

  1. I loved reading your list! We enjoy a lot of the same things although I have to admit I have never figured out how to do those sudoku puzzles. Maybe you could explain it to me sometime??? Thank you for the mention here. I loved your art! It is amazing. Keep it up! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure would do. Sometimes I myself fail at that. Thank you so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. What a great and inspiring list! I love all of your art, and am so glad you've taken up with tangling! Lovely pieces. (And thank you for the mention!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely list of activities! And you are quite the artist-quilling, doodling, dancing. Wow, woman, You are multi-faceted! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a Wonder Woman! The nail art is absolutely FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rajlakshmi you are so talented. With so many activities and hobbies, there is no wonder that you have no time to laze around. Papa's Beti!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yeah papa' s beti :D thank you so much :)

      Delete
  6. Just reading this energized me. so many activities balancing the indoors and the outdoors. Great! Some 5 years ago, even i found it difficult to sit at a place for a while and meditation did'nt even figure on my list. Now ofcourse, i have become a pro at meditation, a few moments i get, i sit down to focus on my breath. Meditation will work wonders on creative minds like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try that.. just have to make sure I sit still :)
      thank you so much for writing in :)

      Delete
  7. That is a great list, we share quite a few common interests!! I'd like to try my hand at paper quilling too, though I have no idea how to make the time for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do try, it's interesting and once you get the hang of it, it's quite addictive. :)

      Delete
  8. Love ur list, Raj and nothing beats reading books, I feel. It's one of my first love:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Glad I got someone on the same page :) thank you

      Delete
  10. I loved your list! The zentangles are very pretty. And you already know that I'm a fan of your writes, quilling and travel photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The activities are truly fun! Nice list, Rajlakshmi :)
    Am yet to try Zentangle. Had seen them in Kathy's Blog.
    Your maiden attempts are creative! Go for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you ... I am still learning them. It needs so much patience :)

      Delete
  12. Loved the list. Could relate to most of the activities. Great going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha loved the list..you are quite a girl Rajlakshmi... I hate cooking but love eating! and I'm a reluctant traveler which includes going out of the home..Also I'm miles away from craft and all :)

    Random Thoughts Naba - 12 Most Puzzling Acquaintances in Life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love eating ... specially when someone cooks for me :D
      thanks for writing in

      Delete
  14. Finally a list :-)
    Believe it or not, my favourite passtime is counting your hobbies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha this is all I got :P thank you so much :D

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. I am still learning :)
      thanks a lot Preeti

      Delete
  16. Ok, I am officially jealous. ;) That is an awesome list. I love your work. So much multitasking and multi talented.
    I am requesting you for a guest post too. A letter with the details shall follow.
    Amazing list. All I have done is think about doing the tangles... need some action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you asked :) Will be writing one this weekend :D thank you so much :)

      Delete
  17. Wow!!! such amazing talents you have, Princess! :)
    Loved this post :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...