Proud

Tightly, I held his hand, as she walked up the stage, welcomed by a resonating applaud. His dark eyes were beaming with pride, while a lump had somehow found a place in my throat.

Gracefully, she accepted the award, which was a reflection of her dedication and hard work. The stars in her green uniform glittered under the bright light. 

I leaned towards the Uncle sitting next to me and whispered,"That's my Mom".

************* 

Picture Courtesy - Google

Fiction (Word Count - 72 )

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Prompt - Post must contain the word MOM and you have just 5 sentences to complete your story.

33 comments:

  1. My heartiest congratulations .. please do extend my regards to Mommy :) and yes it is a proud moment for sure...

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arey that was fiction :D but thank you for the wishes :D

      Delete
  2. Nice! And a superb picture to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent story! Is the story and the photo that of Priya Semwal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, that was just a story I thought of. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. a different take on the prompt. well done :) all the best for the wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. yup salute to all :) thank you so much for stopping by

      Delete
  6. Lovely take on the prompt. Salutations to the courageous women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Geeta, thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Very well done! Your post is a great tribute to an amazing aspect of womanhood and motherhood that often gets ignored in popular writing. Wonderful, Rajlakshmi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am glad it captured the other side of womanhood :)

      Delete
  8. Rajlakshmi this was a proud moment for her. A brave lady. Kudos to her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your blog and so I rightfully nominate you for the prestigious Liebster Award, read more abt it here http://www.ananyatales.com/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that is so sweet of you Ananya :) Thank you so much

      Delete
  10. a proud moment indeed! good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWWWWWWWWWW.... that's all I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great story! Proud moment indeed... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...