Drabble - Anew

I was partly responsible for the separation that had shattered his heart. For years he couldn’t trust any other woman.
Everyday I would see him lamenting, but still trying to reassure himself that everything happened for the best.

Until, she came along.
I was jealous of course, unwilling to share his love.

She caught me watching them, from the corner of the huge banquet hall and with a warm smile, beckoned me.


It was then I realized that maybe she was the lucky one with whom he would be happy once again. With that, I skipped towards my new Mom.

22 comments:

  1. This is amazing Princess, such a touching story .. beautifully told.. the twist is really subtle which is so apt :) Loved ittttttt :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the story. Very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vert poignant and touching story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touching story, Rajlakshmi.
    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/two-today-package-on-write-tribe-55100-ers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Vishal... you stories were beautiful too :)

      Delete
  5. I simply loved this story and the twist at the end! I would think it would be very hard to welcome a new woman in your dad's life. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i agree it's hard.. thank you so much :)

      Delete
  6. That was really a sweet story and glad that it ended on a positive note :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. At first I thought this was about exes.

    Well written.

    Updated mine. Do drop by.

    Cheers
    CRD

    ReplyDelete
  8. very touching! nice twist in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaahhh massstttt :D pehli baar first attempt mein samjha tera post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe chalo samajh to aaya :D thanks a lot girl

      Delete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...