[Bakwas]:Life – As I know it

We are in the midst of packing up our things and moving to a new place. I being a “tension box” since 1980’s gave the job to Biker and decided to go out, have some girly time with my friends. Strangely, Biker agreed, maybe because he didn’t want a paranoid neurotic person jumping around the house while the movers-and-packers guys are packing up the things or maybe because I am no good. Seriously, this month my histrionics have reached epic high. My Mom travelled every 3 years with dad, dragging along luggage and her truck-full of plants all over India. I don’t even want to start thinking how she managed. She’s God. I am not. My brains “disapparate” the moment I realize we are moving. 

But, now this is a big but, by the time I returned, everything was gone. We had decided on sending 5 items to his hometown but literally everything was gone. My complete book collection – even the ones I hadn’t read, my diaries (god forbid if anyone reads them), all the clothes except for the ones I wear to office, my craft work, my shoes. I didn’t even try to find out what remained. Left with a “phata-purana” chappal for office and exactly one pair of clothes to wear at home, I decided to call it a day. 

And no, my brain decided it was best to leave my head vacant for the night.


Sunday was fun. Went to Nandi hills with college friends, watched “Ye Jawani hai deewani” and cried buckets every-time Farooq Sheikh said the exact words my Dad says. It’s strange how you could relate to a candy floss Bollywood movie, portraying exact emotions that you feel. Or maybe my brains just haven’t returned after the night out. Whatever the critics say, I loved it.

The evening presented a beautiful rainbow painted across the sky. 


  1. Hi Rajalakshmi ,shifting is really a gigantic task.I shun it. I can imagine your reaction.

  2. @Deeps
    Thanks A Lot For Visiting :)

  3. That's another advantage of retiring - no more shifting :)


Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)


How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog