[Memories]~Weird Life of Smarty Siblings


I called my Bro yesterday, just to check if I missed any of his freaky episodes… but his recent obsession really freaked me out… He has got a new pet… A Great Dane … that Scooby-doo type of dog… that too in his hostel room… costing around 60K… thankfully bought by his senior … and now my Bro is acting like it’s official Dad… feeding, roaming and experimenting his practicals on it… Like a good sister I tried to bring him out of this affair but like an evil brother he refused to oblige me… giving reasons like he will bring its puppies home … well, the prospect of having a Scooby doo in my home actually made me shut my mouth…But today I found out ... through my sister…that the dog has got Glaucoma … he’s blind… there goes my dream of having a Scooby doo pup in my lap…

When you have two veterinary students in your home… you should know the most expletive curses to curse those who think “Gallus gallus ” is far better name for Hen… there’s a whole world of scientific names that is ‘Kala akshar bhais barabar for me’ … and my Smarty Airheaded Siblings seem to excel and know only that language… If I had stayed another month with them I would have got a first class degree in Vetenary Sc. … hardly ever they will utter a word that could be termed as familiar…
“That is called Pennisetum pedicelatum … it should be fed to Bovines…”
The WHAT!!!

… bewildered… wide eyed… the rest of the family members could only blink… feeling like an illiterate… racking the grey cells in remotest corner of our brain… searching for anything nearly resembling to whatever ‘garbish’ they said…

Last Bihu my sister came home… with her scalpels and other weapons in search of animal parasites … while coming back from a relative’s place she saw a dead creature near the road and insisted on taking it home for practicing dissection… My Dad was horrified that the mere idea of carrying that dead thing inside his beautifully maintained car… He shut her up and sped off …

Their adventures don’t end there… every day a new comedy unfolds… and my phone bill goes skyrocketing… (even before they finish their story… my mind goes numb… with laughter … with too much science… wondering if we live on the same planet)… Getting kicked by cow in practical room, locking horns with bull, hand getting chewed by favorite horse… sister having a pet spider, treating blind owl and exchanging it for cat, and now she has this obsession to pet a Tarantulla… the only fact that has prevented her from doing so is that the food for Tarantulla is not available in Guwahati Pet shop… her roommate has a pet tortoise… then once they got the digestive system of the goat from the butcher and submitted it for the assignment … determining the gender of mosquito without breaking its leg… Early morning when my good night is still going on … both the smartys would go in search of dogs… to collect parasites… phew… I could see all those special charaters rotating around my head…

They would heartlessly compare their adventures life to my click-clack… and all I could do is go Greeennn

6 comments:

  1. animal loving siblings!!!....lolz...but u must have improved your 'animal-gyan' over the years.

    " digestive system of the goat from the butcher and submitted it for the assignment "...too much...hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Neeraj
    too much yes... too much for my poor brain :)

    thanks a lot for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i'm very dissappointed....u didn't mentioned abt ashley and cashley my dearest snails.oh! guess wat my friend's snail has become a mother. today in the morning we saw a clutch of tiny snails.first we thought it to be a blob of shit. but after a close look and rupturing few shells and finding a jelly kind of substance in our hand we gave the diagnosis. we are now going to nuture them and later do the breeding. well after finishing our celebration i ran back to my room to see if my snails have done such a miracle? well i didn't find any clutch but confronted a bitter truth that my snails can never become parents as both of them are males!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!poor me!

    well sister darling let me correct some spelling mistakes io find in your blog which a true vet cannot digest. first spelling is veterinary not vetenary, 2nd its pedicelatum not pedifelatum.
    plz be careful next time.

    well these days my snail's little ecosystem have become a breeding ground of mosquitoes which has become a menace for me and for my snails. to improve the condition and to protect myself from malaria i've comeout with a great idea which is i'm going to rear 2 tadpoles in my small basin along with snails.they'll eat the mosquitoes be friends with ashley and cashley and later be my frog princeand also complete my sweet little family. wats say? great idea nah!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @jyoti

    yuck yuck yuck.... hadh hoti hai yarrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pity thee. the docs of all variety it seems are genuinely off their rockers, losing their marbles sometime in the dissection lab!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sumit...
    hehehehe

    thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Networked

How Popular Am I?

Search This Blog

Loading...